(In English Only)
The Federation of Hong Kong Industries (“FHKI”) was established under the Federation of Hong Kong Industries Ordinance (Cap. 321) to:
- Promote and foster the interests of Hong Kong’s industrial and business communities;
- Promote trade, investment, technological advancement, manpower development and business opportunities in Hong Kong; and
- Represent business views and advise the Government on policies and legislation which may affect industries and businesses.
The Senior Manager is expected to:
- Oversee the overall production of FHKI’s monthly magazine, the Hong Kong Industrialist (“HKI”), including arranging interviews, writing and editing of articles, as well as design and layout;
- Oversee the sales aspect of the Division, including advertising and distribution channel of HKI, as well as eDM and advertising on FHKI’s website;
- Keep up FHKI’s relationship with and exposure to local media, including issuance of press releases, coordination of press interviews and media management at FHKI’s major events throughout the year;
- Draft speeches and meeting briefs for FHKI leadership attending a range of events, meetings and press interviews;
- Lead the coordination and production of FHKI’s Annual Report;
- Oversee the contents of FHKI’s website, which is currently under revamp;
- Assist in policy-related matters when necessary and maintain active communication with the Government; and
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- University degree in relevant disciplines, preferably in journalism, communication, translation, political science or social science;
- At least five years of experience in an editorial position for magazines or newspapers; extensive experience in writing and editing quality articles is compulsory;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, Cantonese and Putonghua) and ability to engage different stakeholders;
- Strong network with local media and NGOs such as academia, research institutions and/or think tanks; adept knowledge in the structure and functions of various Government bureaux and departments is a plus;
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills, yet highly motivated and creative at the same time;
- Strong sense of the local and global policy, economic, industrial, innovation and technology sectors, as well as the startup ecosystem;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud applications is a plus; and
- Ability to perform to a high standard under pressure and tight timeline.
Please apply with full resume, present and expected salary and date of availability. Resume must be accompanied by at least three recent writing articles (both English and Chinese articles) in order to be considered. Please mark "CONFIDENTIAL" and job reference number on the envelope.