(In English Only)
The Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI) was established in 1960 under the Federation of Hong Kong Industries Ordinance (Cap. 321) to:
- Promote and foster the interests of Hong Kong’s industrial and business communities;
- Promote trade, investment, technological advancement, manpower development, and business opportunities in Hong Kong; and
- Represent the business’s views and advise the government on policies and legislation which affect business.
The Manager reports to Director-General and performs the following duties:
- Conduct comprehensive research and gather views from the business community for formulating FHKI’s positions and recommendations on policy, legal and regulatory issues pertaining to Hong Kong’s industrial and economic development;
- Prepare FHKI’s policy statements and proposals for submission to the Hong Kong SAR Government, the Legislative Council, Mainland authorities and other organisations to pursue matters of importance to the business community;
- Prepare press and publicity materials (including FHKI’s monthly magazine, the Hong Kong Industrialist) and engage with the media to strengthen FHKI’s advocacy efforts;
- Assist in FHKI’s corporate communication functions and events whenever required; and
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects assigned by the management.
- University degree in relevant disciplines, preferably in law, economics, political science and social sciences, or related disciplines such as journalism;
- Minimum eight years of experience in policy, research and advocacy, preferably in the Government, academic or research institutions, think tanks or other related bodies or NGOs with 3-5 years in supervisor position;
- Substantial knowledge of economic, social and political environments (locally and globally) and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, Cantonese and Putonghua) and ability to engage different stakeholders;
- Outstanding collaboration and team building skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timeline;
- Occasional travel outside Hong Kong may be required; and
- More experience will consider as Senior Manager.