(In English Only)
The Federation of Hong Kong Industries (“FHKI”) was established under the Federation of Hong Kong Industries Ordinance (Cap. 321) to:
- Promote and foster the interests of Hong Kong’s industrial and business communities;
- Promote trade, investment, technological advancement, manpower development and business opportunities in Hong Kong; and
- Represent business views and advise the Government on policies and legislation which may affect industries and businesses.
Reporting to Director-General, the Director is expected to:
- Oversee and manage the operation of the Division;
- Lead and monitor the work of policy and research to collect the views of FHKI leadership and members on issues pertaining to Hong Kong’s industrial and economic development;
- Production of the FHKI monthly magazine “Industrialist”;
- Oversee the planning and implementation of FHKI flagship programmes;
- Continue to build and maintain public relations of the FHKI;
- Provide secretariat support to FHKI policy and related committees; and
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects assigned by the management.
- Over 10 years of experience in management position with strong industrial economics background. Substantial knowledge of the economic and political environment in Hong Kong and Mainland China is required;
- University graduate majors in social science / journalism / law / political science with solid experience in policy studies and social or economic research / analytical work or equivalent. Master or doctoral degree in related discipline will be an advantage;
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua);
- Proactive personality with positive thinking, ability to engage different stakeholders, strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with ability to work under pressure and tight timeline; and
- Occasional overseas travel is required.
Please apply with full resume, present and expected salary and date of availability. Resume must be accompanied by at least three recent writing articles (both English and Chinese articles) in order to be considered. Please mark "CONFIDENTIAL" and job reference number on the envelope.