(In English Only)
The Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI) was established in 1960 under the Federation of Hong Kong Industries Ordinance (Cap. 321) to:
- Promote and foster the interests of Hong Kong’s industrial and business communities;
- Promote trade, investment, technological advancement, manpower development, and business opportunities in Hong Kong; and
- Represent the business’s views and advise the government on policies and legislation which affect business.
The Deputy Manager reports to Manager, Corporate Communication and performs the following duties:
- Oversee the overall production of FHKI’s magazine, the Hong Kong Industrialist (“HKI”), including conducting interviews, writing and editing articles, as well as following up on design and layout;
- Prepare media materials, arrange media interviews and organize media events;
- Draft speeches and meeting briefs for FHKI leadership attending a range of events, meetings and press interviews;
- Lead the coordination and production of FHKI’s Annual Report;
- Oversee the contents of FHKI’s website;
- Oversee advertising and distribution issues, including publications, website as well as eDM;
- Assist in policy-related matters when necessary; and
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- University degree in relevant disciplines, preferably in journalism, communication, translation, political science or social science;
- At least five years of experience in an editorial position for magazines or newspapers; extensive experience in writing and editing quality articles is compulsory;
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English, Cantonese and Putonghua) and ability to engage different stakeholders;
- Strong network with local media and NGOs such as academia, research institutions and/or think tanks; adept knowledge in the structure and functions of various Government bureau and departments is a plus;
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills, yet highly motivated and creative at the same time;
- Strong sense of the local and global policy, economic, industrial, innovation and technology sectors, as well as the startup ecosystem;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud applications is a plus; and
- Ability to perform to a high standard under pressure and tight timeline.
Please apply with full resume, present and expected salary and date of availability. Resume must be accompanied by at least three recent writing articles (both English and Chinese articles) in order to be considered. Please mark "CONFIDENTIAL" and job reference number on the envelope.