The Government announced that the normal travel of persons between Hong Kong and the Mainland will be resumed in phases starting January 8. The aim is to resume normal travel with the Mainland in a progressive, orderly and comprehensive manner. The Government will review the overall implementation of the first stage in a timely manner to cover more Boundary Control Points (BCPs) and raise prescribed daily numbers of persons as appropriate.
- Sea, air, and bridge BCPs: Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge, Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal, and China Ferry Terminal
- Land BCPs: Shenzhen Bay, Man Kam To, and Lok Ma Chau Spur Line Control Point
First stage arrangements:
- Persons travelling between Hong Kong and the Mainland are required to undergo a nucleic acid test within 48 hours with a negative result obtained before travelling;
- Persons travelling must hold an electronic or paper test record or report for possible BCP’s personnel inspection;
- Passengers who pass BCPs through sea, air, and bridge with traffic ticket do not need to make additional booking;
- All passenger clearance services (including private cars clearance services) and normal operating hours for land BCPs will be resumed. Cross-border personnel must make reservation online. Prescribed daily one-way numbers of persons who can pass through Shenzhen Bay, Man Kam To and Lok Ma Chau Spur Line Control Point are set as 10,000, 5,000 and 35,000 respectively;
- For drivers of private cars and cross-boundary hire cars bound for the Mainland or Hong Kong via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge and their passengers, online booking is required. Such prescribed daily one-way number of persons is 1,000;
- Hong Kong residents returning to Hong Kong from the Mainland are not required to make any booking.
- The online booking system can be accessed via the GovHK portal. Booking time slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis;
- Each applicant can make a booking together with up to three accompanying persons;
- Only 1 valid reservation are allowed for each personnel;
- Applicants must make booking at designated BCPs, date and time slot, and pass through the border according to it.
For details, please see:
Progressive, orderly and comprehensive resumption of normal travel between Hong Kong and Mainland to be achieved