HKSAR Government recently announced the introduction of "Return2hk Scheme". Starting from 23 November 2020 (Monday), Hong Kong residents who have not been to places other than Hong Kong, Guangdong Province or Macao in the past 14 days, could be exempted from the 14-day compulsory quarantine requirement when they return to Hong Kong.
The highlights of the Return2hk Scheme are as follows:
- a quota arrangement will be enforced on Shenzhen Bay Port and Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge with a daily quota of 3000 and 2000 respectively;
- Hong Kong residents who wish to return to Hong Kong should apply for a quota using the Return2hk Scheme online booking system;
- the online booking system will be open on 18 November 2020, every Wednesday at 9 am until Friday at 6 pm to accept quota applications for the seven-day period of the following week;
- the applicant is required to provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card number and to specify the date and the boundary control point to be used for the return; and
- quotas are administered on a first-come-first-served basis.
For enquiries, please dial the hotline of the Return2hk Scheme (Tel: 3142 2330).
For details, please see:
Government announces "Return2hk - Travel Scheme for Hong Kong Residents returning from Guangdong Province or Macao without being subject to quarantine under the Compulsory Quarantine of Certain Persons Arriving at Hong Kong Regulation (Cap. 599C)"