On 18 August 2020, the HKSAR Government announced the 2nd Tranche of Employment Support Scheme to help employers retain employees. Highlights are as follows:
- Online application period: August 31 to September 13 2020;
- Wage subsidy period: September to November 2020;
- Eligibility of employers and self-employed persons remains the same;
- The calculation method of wage subsidies remain the same, with the option for employers having received wage subsidies in the 1st Tranche to choose another month as the specified month;
- The total number of paid employees during the subsidy period should not be less than the total number of paid and unpaid employees in March 2020;
- All the wage subsidies should be spent paying wages to the employees in the subsidy period;
- Major property management companies should undertake to give back at least 80% of the amount equivalent to the subsidies to the owners/owners’ associations;
- Major supermarket chains, namely ParknShop and Wellcome, should undertake to provide cash coupons/more discounts to customers and NGOs during the wage subsidy period; and
- The calculation method of penalty remains unchanged.
For enquiries, please contact the service hotline of the Employment Support Scheme at 1836 122.
For details, please see:
Employment Support Scheme